Sunday, March 26, 2006

"LETTER OF PRAISE" (SAMPLE) for exceptional medical care.

Over the years, I have come to accept that medical professionals are getting totally screwed by the same flawed healthcare system.  Medical professionals are all being squeezed by the same Government-regulated "Big Insurance/Big Pharma" profit-based guidelines.

Most medical professionals went into these careers because they truly want to help people.  Deep-down the majority of them truly do care.

Whenever you encounter exceptional care from a RN, medical assistant (whoever) make sure you stop and take 10-15 minutes of your time to send a "LETTER OF PRAISE" to their employer.

I send 1-2/year, because I wait for exceptional care to present itself.  I prefer *snail-mail* to email, as it adds the human touch.

Even saying something simple to a medical professional, like: "I can't believe the caseload they make you carry" can make you some fast friends.  I've made several advocates over the years, by simply taking the time to acknowledge people --- and tell them that you care.

COST = $0.39 (stamp).             
RESULT --> priceless.

★★★★ PAY IT FORWARD!!  ★★★★

==============================================
==============================================
 
SAMPLE LETTER
Feel free to circulate, and edit as you see fit.

~ This particular letter took someone a few years to earn. ~
==============================================
==============================================
DATE 
 
NAME
TITLE/COMPANY
ADDRESS
 
Dear _______,

I am writing to you to let you know about the amazing patient care that I always receive from your medical assistant, XXX, of the YYY.
I have a ZZZ degree, and spent # years of my career working at ZZZ in various leadership positions.  I am also a frequent donor to your YYY campaign.
 
Unfortunately I am a frequent visitor to YYY, and have known XXX since (s)he started with the YYY several years ago. The entire YYY team is top-notch from the doctors, nurses, and administrative staff; However, I have officially concluded that XXX is the glue that holds it all together.
XXX has a very upbeat demeanor, a patient-centric attitude, and an incredible ability to comfort me.  XXXX's personality radiates like a ray of sunlight that instantly relieves all stresses; (Her) actions are impeccable (e.g., (s)he always gets that tricky vein on (her) first stick!), and (her) very presence puts me at ease every time I arrive at YYY. 
 
I can also attest to (her) flawless professionalism when (s)he interacts with others on the team.

Over the years of coping with chronic illness, I have encountered countless sub-par medical professionals who simply do not care about the patient experience, their employer’s mission, and/or helping to develop long-term loyal patrons; I have to say, however, that XXX is definitely not one of those employees. XXX is a huge asset to your team.
 
I acknowledge that Medicine is a profit-based industry, but with medical professionals like XXX on your team all I can see is that *patient care* is YYY's top priority.  XXX's dedication exemplifies the definition of patient-centric service, and support like (hers) is one of the very reasons that I continue to interact with (and refer others to) YYY.

I would be truly remiss if I did not take the time to write to applaud XXX.

 
Thank you for your time and attention.




(signed)
 

 

==============================================

==============================================

 
IF YOU WANT PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD
TO SOME DAY *PAY IT BACK*,
YOU HAVE TO -->
★★★★ PAY IT FORWARD!! ★★★★


MY FEDERAL TESTIMONY --> NON HIV AIDS 
Washington, DC via conference call 
5-minutes (starts @ Minute-0):